Technique, Skills and Achievements

Sunday 6 October 2013

Abul and his brother, Misbun give a big hug to the best national player after tournament

I just come back from being a volunteer for KASUKMA 2013. This is  how I got a new experience where I have to be linesman (referee's assistant) for badminton tournament. This experience is really different for me because before this I just watching people playing badminton in front of me but I never thought to be a linesman. It is not easy because the decision where the shuttlecock fall and pointed whether in or out the line is rely on me. Hard but I'm doing the best. I am still remember where my father always taking me to the badminton hall near my house when I was child. Badminton is my family's hobby including myself and it influence us a lot. Ouh I'm talked too much. Let's talk about Rashid again. But now, about his technique, skills and achievement.

Bittersweet memory of Rashid

Techique and Skills ('S' Service)


Spirit of champion


This service also known as Servis Sidek as Rashid and his family use this technique during their badminton tournament. This skill was invented by them. This service will be done by the racket hit shuttlecock's feathers not the cork that covered by the leather. For me, this is a unique skills where it had making their skill different from the others including international badminton player. But the service was prohibited in badminton world on 1982 by International Badminton Federation (IBF) due to the excuse that shuttlecock should be hit from its cork, not the feather. This technique actually makes the opponent cannot expect when the shuttlecock will come as it spin around fast. That is the information I got.

Achievements
Winners' face on Thomas Cup


We all knew that Rashid and his siblings has collected so many achievements. His career can be determine same as the other international badminton player. Here, I provide you guys with Rashid's achievements that makes his name being well-known in our sport industry and his credibility also lead him to be a good trainer.

XOXO, enjoy!
Tired face after win the big games

       
Rank                 
  
Event                               Date                              Venue
Olympics
3Singles1996Atlanta, USA
Asian Games
2Team1990Beijing, China
3Singles1990Beijing, China
Commonwealth Games
1Singles1990Auckland, New Zealand
1Singles1994Victoria, Canada
2Doubles1990Auckland, New Zealand
Thomas Cup
1Team1992Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2Team1994Jakarta, Indonesia
2Team1990Tokyo, Japan
2Team1988Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
World Tournaments
1Singles1990Malaysia Open (1)
1Singles1991Asian Badminton Championships (1)
1Singles1991Malaysia Open (2)
1Singles1992World Grand Prix Finals
1Singles1992Asian Badminton Championships (2)
1Singles1992Malaysia Open (3)
1Singles1995Brunei Open
1Singles1996German Open
2Singles1994Malaysia Open
2Singles1996All England Open
2Singles1996Chinese Taipei Open
2Singles2000Korea Open

0 comments:

Post a Comment